sábado, 10 de noviembre de 2012

In search of the lost inspiration


Tales of Italy: in search of the lost inspiration:


Once upon a time... long time ago, in the great beautiful country of Italy, lived a young boy named Nicola.


Nicola was artist and was commissioned to brighten up all the palaces and houses of Italy with his designs of figures, paintings and sculptures hand crafted and designed specifically according to the tastes of their customers. He was very popular and known in all Italy. Every day had more commissions that prepare and increasingly costing more finish their works. He was tired and overwhelmed by the obligations.



Sometimes not slept since he had to deliver the work the next day and customers always urged have them ready at certain times that came you not quite right to Nicola.



There came a moment when Nicola felt that something, the spark of innovation lacked his paintings and sculptures and grace that had previously seemed that he had lost. Clients stopped calling it, since they considered that their works were little original and very repetitive.



I am very tired-exclaimed Nicola for himself.!! I can not any more. I am overwhelmed and sad. It is not possible to be constantly busy doing work that in the end are not sold because customers have lost confidence in my works - Nicola very angry and with a great despondency in her voice continued explaining.



Nicola did not want to return to your daily routine, he had been given account that his works were not the same as before. They did not like him. His way of painting and elaborate carved parts had changed and felt that they were not as pretty. He had to go back to find the inspiration that once had to make paintings with the same mastery.




-Where there will be gone to my inspiration? - thought Nicola.



-Do not understand when I got lost among so many obligations. What can I do to recover my fame and prestige? If I can not discover what lack them to my paintings, never again to be the great artist that was before - exclaimed Nicola without stop thinking in his misfortune.




After thinking so much, Nicola decided to go to the next day's journey. Not warned his family nor their customers where would, since he wanted to be a single time, thinking about the reasons for their lack of motivation.



Nicola picked up a few things from home and arranged them in a small sack wore the least essential to be a few weeks of travel.



He first decided to go visit Pisa. He had always liked him through countries and cities but their obligations had not allowed it is.



When he had reached Pisa he rested a few hours and went to walk around their gardens and streets.



Pisa was a beautiful city, very emblematic by the great ogre who held the famous tower built by a formidable sorcerer.



Long ago, the sorcerer had wanted finish with the tranquillity of the people of Pisa built a large unstable Tower all the people feared that by its ability to collapse and damage its people.




The people of Pisa for a long time fenced and protected the zone to prevent the collapse of the tower. Now a great ogre was responsible for holding it and thus prevented that at any time could be to fall.



Nicola didn't know why the OGRE held the tower so he decided to satisfy his curiosity and went to ask the reasons by which was engaged in this work.


-I think that OGRE should hold the Tower forced by the Kings of Italy - thought for himself Nicola.


-Possibly had him imprisoned and offered him the chance to clean their guilt seized of such good work - he continued explaining Nicola.


Once he was ahead of the great tower approached the OGRE and exclaimed:

-Good morning Lord OGRE - said Nicola.

-Good morning - the OGRE replied sharply. To what I owe the honour of your visit?-asked the OGRE facing the side where came the small little voice of Nicola.


-My name is Nicola and I am an artist. I do paint and styling my sculptures-he said sadly.


-Do and they are meant to do in Pisa?-asked the OGRE.



-But you'll see...-said Nicola. I've lost my source of inspiration, as do not paint as before. My works are not sold and I am very sad for that reason. I have decided to travel to see the world and see if this way again my lost inspiration.


-AHH!-replied the OGRE. And this is why you've come to Pisa?-said the OGRE.

-Yes, I want to learn about people and places and understand a little more nature, the valleys and villages. I am also here because I would like to ask you a question. Why these all day holding this tower?-asked Nicola.


-Man, because if not it would fall and destroy all the town - the OGRE replied thinking that Nicola was a little silly.

No man, that I know! -Nicola said. My question is why you do it. Does the King hath commanded you?-asked the Italian.


-NO. I do it because it is what I want to do. My life had always been very painful, hurting people, wounding Princesses and princes, killing but came a day that I realized that he was very alone. I didn't have anyone with whom share my life and love came to my little sweetheart of OGRE. I met the Princess Carolina and understood their fear towards the possibility of the tower to fall. So I decided to do something for her and help her. But did especially for me, to always be beside it. So I decided to devote myself to hold the tower. Day and night I'm here with the illusion that Carolina come and visit me. She comes to see me every day. I always brings food and we chatted a little.



-It is beautiful do you know? - he said the OGRE very sweetly.


-Ahh! But what beautiful story! Because perhaps Carolina I´m  serve as a source of inspiration to me also. I'll wait here to see her and talk to her-hopeful Nicola replied.


Finally, Nicola met with the Princess and they were talking about for a while. Nicola realized that it was a truly educated and beautiful Princess. They explained each other anecdotes of their lives and stories about other places. Nicola then departed without further delay with the hope to have again found his lost inspiration.


In what came to his room he began to paint and paint, but unfortunately for him, the inspiration did not come. He did not know what to do or what draw. Sadly the beauty of Carolina had not taken effect and continued on without being able to create good works.


The next day he left for the city of Venice. Venice is a beautiful city very known because its streets are flooded by small channels of water surrounding it. To be able to cross them is necessary to use small shelves that are guided by different people in there.


Nicola wanted to scroll through those channels uploaded on any of these gondolas and to enjoy the landscape. He thought that perhaps the new air of Venice could return lost inspiration.


When he arrived there he approached a gondolier and asked it to lead you along the most beautiful route that he knew.



-Hi, I'm Nicola. I would like to take a tour of all Venice with your gondola. I could guide along the most beautiful route that you know?-Nicola asked the gondolier.


-Of course. It is my job - he exclaimed smiling young gondolier. My name is German.



Following the presentations Germán led to Nicola through the canals of Venice. A measure that was sweeping him was explaining the history of the city, occurred as the channels and the maintenance of the city.




Nicola was very excited listening to German and suddenly thought that perhaps you should be tired of always tell the same stories to tourists and do always the same routes.



- But still seems to fend him happy and happy explaining them it seems that it is the first time that he have them.-meditated for himself Nicola.

At that time his thoughts turned into words and with a startle asked a German:



-German, I would like to ask you a question. You always do the same routes and explain the same things for different tourists but it does not seem that this affects you. You it looks very happy and happy counting them. Tell me why you are not tired and discouraged if you always do the same thing?-asked Nicola.


-Because you'll see Nicola. Although it is a routine job and possibly you feel so heavy for me it isn't.


I consider it a joy to be able to tell my stories to tourists. A pride is for me to lead them all over my city and who know a little bit more my beautiful country. Where can I find a more beautiful than this job? In any location. For me is a pleasure to teach where I born and what I have experienced. I wouldn't change it for anything. -Germán explained excited.


- Ah! Because you're right. Looking at things from your point of view the work becomes lighter - answered Nicola surprised by the response.


Once the entire Nicola fired from German and headed towards his room.


While resting he thought carefully what Germán had explained to you and truly Venice was one of the most beautiful cities that had never before seen. But his inspiration was continuing does not appear. He thought and thought, he wanted to paint a beautiful Venetian landscape, but it seemed that their creativity was continuing does not appear.




Nicola each day was more sad. Almost already had given up and was about to return to his home town. He returned to his city as he was gone. Vacuum and discouraged.


The day following Nicola thought that he would do his last visit before leaving. He would go to the city of Rome.

When Nicola arrived in Rome he found that it was also a beautiful city. The various buildings were constructed with great harmony and perfect architecture. He decided to enter the Vatican. He stood there amazed at the Majesty of that Church. At that time they advertised a large mass.


The mass was beautiful. Everyone who was in the temple gave samples of affection and encouragement among them as if they were real brothers.

Nicola continued with their thoughts. I thought that it must be very bored give the same lectures every day in the Church, but in spite of this, the Pope had not given samples of tiredness or any discouragement.

While Nicola pondered the Pope, accompanied by a pair of altar servers, it headed towards the exit of the Church.


Hi Boy, the Pope said sweetly. You've heard my mass today?


-Yes responded with some admiration Nicola.


- And what do you think? -asked the Pope.



-It was really beautiful. I've learned many things by listening to her. I really admire the way you pray.


After a slight pause Nicola continued his talk with the Pope.


-If not indiscretion I would like to ask you a question. If you always repeat the same prayers and phrases how it is that you are not tired or is discouraged? And how is that people still attending his mass always repeated the same phrases and same masses?-asked hopeful Nicola hoping for the answer to your lack of inspiration.


-Because you'll see young, in the masses I do though always repeat the same prayers and phrases the meaning of them always changes. Prayers are always transformed. Every sentence and every prayer acquires a different meaning to the one who listens but they always say the same thing. This occurs because using the word attempt to convey the love life and all the things that surround us, I try to transmit the faith in God and that my words bring hope and enthusiasm to all my people. At every mass intention was different but the phrases are the same - explained the Pope I put to the young Nicola who listened carefully.


-Ah!-Nicola replied. So it is for this reason that the people never tired of hear them reciting and therefore still come to mass every day.-exclaimed Nicola imagining as one would attend mass every day.


That said the Pope went his way and Nicola went to his room to pick up their things and leave to his home the next day.


Finally came the day of Homecoming and Nicola was still without having found his source of inspiration. The beauty of Venice, or the beauty of Carolina, nor the harmony of Rome had managed to bring the motivation and creativity that Nicola had lost.


That night when he got home, Nicola rested like never before. It gave him time to reflect, meditate and recall all the encounters with people and places that had taken during his trip.


While meditating he fell asleep and woke up in dreams at midnight. At that time didn't know if he was still in a dream or awake but when he regained consciousness something had changed inside. Finally had taken note that during all this time was looking for inspiration in external things, countries, landscapes and people. He had been very busy working his works looking for just recognition from the outside. It had only imported you become famous and known as the best artist of Italy.



But after his long journey and the fact of having understood the reasons by which the ogre, the Pope and the gondolier was so happy doing their jobs despite the monotony of the same, he had done to Nicola understand that what matters is not the recognition abroad if not the feelings that you express while it conducts its work. This was what Nicola had lost. He had understood that it was important to enjoy making his paintings, to be able to express their feelings of love for the art in each of his works and being able to reflect the meaning of creation and life in them. He had understood that the most important thing is what one feels and is intended to convey in his works and not so much external recognition or the pursuit of Fame through them.



Thereafter Nicola was changed your way of seeing things. It no longer mattered that people would not buy his paintings, he didn't get to be the best artist of all Italy, just cared create their works happy and pleased by the mere fact of being able to do so.



Thereafter Nicola created his paintings guided by his inner love. He not ceded to the external demands or put more responsibilities that he could cover.



In this way almost without realizing it, he returned to regain the fame and prestige that once had.


As a sign of gratitude to life, God and colleagues who had helped him regain his creativity and inspiration, he designed a great source that was called "la fontana de Trevi". It is source became one of the most famous works that involve Italy. He attended crowd by dropping a small coin in its waters, hoping that the graces of life and his innermost desires become a reality similar to Nicola could recover their creativity.
 Y colorin, colorado..este cuento se ha acabado


Mónica Zambrano. Los Wikicuentos multiculturales







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario